Monday, March 16, 2009

Intro

Ok, here we go...

I'm gunna give this blogging thing a shot and see if I can give a little perspective on sports for the normal fan, not too deep into aspects that don't really matter, just telling the stories and why they're relevant to me.

As far as my interest in sports, I'm all about hockey. I follow the NHL religously and there's always some sort of storyline I find intriguing. NFL football is right up there with the NHL for me, with such a short schedule, every game matters and the analysis always brings up some cool drama in each game. I'm really going to make a solid effort to follow MLB this year, but that effort has fallen short many times before.

Which brings me to basketball... A sport I always loved to play but never really got into watching. This could be a by-product of the fact there's no pro basketball team anywhere near me, and canadian college ball never gets the exposure of our neighbours to the south. But I've heard great things about the March Madness tournament, and being laid off gives me the perfect opportunity to put in some hours and enjoy some basketball.

So, chances are if you're going to be reading this blog, you're a sports fan, no doubt. But not quite hardcore enough to really care about the really indepth analysis. You just want to know what's going on, and why it's important.

I'll talk about the debate on fighting in hockey, steroids in baseball, criminal activity in football, and whatever else I think is going to be worth your time in reading.

Hopefully I can get some decent thoughts up on here, check back often.


SP

No comments:

Post a Comment